Friday 13 July 2012

Innoxa Classic Colour Review


I believe there are three basic types of make-up wearers in the world. There are Face, Eyes and Lips.

Face people are the kind of people who do foundation, blush and bronzer maybe tidy up the brows a bit and they are good to go.

Eye people (me) are the kind of people who do a very basic face but go all out on shadow, liner and mascara to make the eyes the big feature of the look.

Lip people like lip colour. Basic face, basic eye, BAM on the lips.

I’ve never really been able to be a lip person. I’m sloppy when I eat and I’m just too lazy to keep checking that the lipstick is still there and that it is where it is meant to be and not spread halfway up to my eyebrows. Having said that I do love a 40s red lip.

Recently I did some training for Innoxa (French cosmetic company) and as a thankyou they gave me some products to try. The only one I have tried thus far is the Classic Colour Lipstick in Pink Lady and I am pleasantly surprised by it.



Usually when I see a pink lippy I run like hell and hide under the bed. Pink is just… trés not me. But the Classic Colour range are a little different to your normal run of the mill lippy.

The bullet looks really shimmery but it goes on dewy. It ads a nice sheen without being all “HEY I’VE GOT GLITTER ON MY FACE!”

It is super sheer. Which is perfect for me, because I don’t usually like lipstick, but if you want your lips to be the feature of your face it might to be too sheer. It is buildable to some extent, but with lips the less you need the better. You don’t want to wear through deep lipstick and be all patchy.

Alas. Really yellow lighting. Top swatch is 4 strokes, bottom swatch is 1 stoke.
It’s very smooth to put on and acts as a balm. Which would be great if my face was normal, but as I go through half a tube of lanolin a week in winter it just doesn’t cut it on its own and it does not react well to having a balm underneath. The balm needs to have almost completely be absorbed before you put this on top or there are going to be issues.

The colour (Pink Lady) is the most wearable shade if you have generic white person colouring (such as myself) but they also do a bunch of shades that are great for varying skin tones.

In terms of staying power I would put it in the “meh” category. It’s not great, but then they don’t advertise that it’s going to stay there through eating and a hurricane. On me on a normal day is lasted around three hours, so reapplication is a must if on want it on all day.

Again, the yellow lighting in my bathroom kills the colour and it looks way more red here than it really is. This is built up by about 4 layers.
This lippy isn’t actually meant to be a pop of colour (even though it can be if you build it), it’s meant to enhance your own natural lip and give you a little bit more life. I guess the idea of it is "what you've got but better" which is what it does, even if not for long.

No comments:

Post a Comment